APF offers a wide range of activities! Check out the offerings below. If you are interested in scheduling a tour or lesson, please contact Msafiri Zawose (+255) 784829218 or Ngajimah Hashim (+255) 714897611. Karibuni sana!
Lessons are given in Bagamoyo, Tanzania. The cost is Tzs 10,000=/ per hour, group rates are available. (Click on the name of the instrument to see a picture)
- Traditional drumming (Mheme Traditional Gogo Woman Drumming)
- Limba (thumb piano)
- Zeze (1, 2, 4, and 12 string available)
- Traditional singing/voice lessons
- Traditional Tanzanian dancing
Instrument/Costume Making Lessons
Learn how to make traditional Gogo instruments and costumes! The cost is Tzs 10,000=/ per hour + the cost of the instrument/materials.
- Ankle bells
- Ngoma (mheme drums)
- Others available upon request!
Learn different styles of traditional Tanzanian art from tinga tinga painting to wood sculpture carvings! The cost is Tzs 10,000=/ per hour + the cost of materials.
- Tinga Tinga painting
- Wood Carvings/Sculptures
- Local bike tour (Tzs 20,000 =/ for 3 hours + bike rental)- includes trips to the Catholic Mission, Salt Farms, Magomeni, and Old Art Market in Old Bagamoyo!
- Tanzanian cooking- Learn to cook ugali and other traditional Tanzanian dishes over a wood fire!